Members have access to the safest cryogenic chambers made by Cryo Innovations.
Cryotherapy or Cold Therapy is the use of liquid nitrogen to expose the body to very cold temperatures, creating a natural fight-or-flight response in our bodies on a cellular level that helps heal inflammation and prevent overuse injuries. A cryo session lasts 3 minutes and can burn 500 to 800 calories.
Top 5 Cryotherapy Benefits
- Assist with weight loss: Putting our bodies through extreme cold causes thermogenesis, a process that involves converting our white adipose tissues into metabolically active brown adipose tissues, helping our body burn more fat. A single cryo session can help your body burn 500 to 800 calories.
- Invigorate the brain: One of the natural effects of cold therapy is the secretion of the hormone and neurotransmitter norepinephrine which is responsible for attention, focus, and positive mood. You will feel refreshed, relaxed, and alert.
- Improve athletic performance: Cryotherapy helps balance our body’s pro-inflammatory response to intense exercise, therefore improving our ability to athletically perform better. You will be less sore and able to return to strenuous exercise sooner than ever.
- Boost your immune system: Cryotherapy helps our body develop CTL (cytotoxic T lymphocytes) which protect our body! Regular cryo sessions can result in a more responsive immune system to keep you at top performance.
- Helps you feel and look younger: Inflammation is at the core of the aging process. Cryotherapy reduces inflammation via vasoconstriction and norepinephrine. Vasoconstriction occurs when your surface area blood is pushed to your core where it is hyperoxygenated and enriched with nutrients. Norepinephrine lowers the levels of tumor necrosis alpha which is a pro-inflammatory cytokine, responsible for promoting inflammation.