Red Light Therapy is the use of red low level light to act upon “cells in the skin known as fibroblasts, which play a role in the production of collagen, a protein that makes up a large part of connective tissue and helps the skin to recover when it’s harmed” according to Harvard University.¹ Using red light therapy can offer many benefits for your skin.
Top 5 Red Light Benefits
- Improve Appearance: Red light helps reduce blotchiness and uneven skin tone over time.
- Invigorate Collagen: A lack of collagen is what causes wrinkles. Having more collagen allows the body to keep the skin surface smooth.
- Reduce Fine Lines: Wrinkles that are already formed may appear less prominent with red light therapy.
- Repair Sun Damage: Sun damage marks can be lightened with red light therapy.
- Fade Scars and Stretch Marks: Unwanted marks can be smoothed out and made less visible after consistent red light therapy.
Founded on facts: for peer-reviewed articles, scholarly journals, and articles cited above please see the below sources.